Sunday, 27 January 2013

earth-friendly beauty

The Ecotools 5 piece brush set.
These brushes are so soft and super affordable. The set includes a mineral powder brush (2nd image), concealer brush, eye shading brush, a baby kabuki (3rd image) and a small cosmetic bag (the cream one, not my lovely flowery one).
I got the set for £15 in the pre-christmas sales, it retails for around £20 usually. You can buy each brush seperately too.
 
The mineral powder brush has been a lifesaver for everyday use. My oober fussy skin really loves how evenly it puts on the foundation and the good coverage it gives. I'll be honest, I don't use concealer as my skin just hates it...but the brush is there if I ever need it ;) The eye shading brush is the perfect size and makes blending eye shadow really easy, I can't wait to try it out more. Then, the baby kabuki is really similar to the foundation brush, but will allow heavier foundations to be applied better. Finally, the little cosmetic bag is just a handy extra to keep it all together.
 
I would love to try more expensive brushes, but I'd really reccommend these to those like me that can't justify anything more pricy just yet x
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. that sounds like such a good set, especially for the price!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an eco tools large kabuki brush which I love. The set looks great too! Lovely review
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought some of these the other day! Gutted i didnt know. i was in two minds about them. Wish i did now!

    Pipp xx
    pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see these, I want to buy them! Looks like I'm going to have to now:) I already have a brush set, but it's never a bad thing to have more than one brush!

    http://girlmeetsglamourworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I still find myself looking at brushes when I know I don't need them x

      Delete
  5. I have some of the very same brushes. What a coincidence. Mine is an eye shadow blending one and is perfect :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so cool ! :D and your blog too i'm your new follower dear :) I'm waiting for to follow mine ^_^ http://salmaleblog.blogspot.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great set. Where did you buy it from? There really nice brush sizes too. I need some new ones DESPERATELY!

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from amazon :) I have seen them in boots too x

      Delete
  8. Great blog and nice post ;) I will be here more often, I'm your new follower. Don't forget to visit my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I'm off to explore it now x

      Delete
  9. Oh that looks pretty! I really like your blog! I'm glad that I found it! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, personal style, likes and much more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your sweet blog today and wanted to say hi! :)

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may have to get my hands on some of these. Love them
    Thank you for checking out my blog, following you now. Your blog is really cute

    Lucy
    elizakklozet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish every comment, thank you so much! Please no follow for follows x