Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Mother of nails!

Today I'd like to proudly show off some of my sister's beautiful nail designs. Her nails are natural (Yes you heard me!) and her skills are self taught. She uses various base colour nail polishes and acrylic paint with an very thin brush for the designs. With a clear top coat in most cases to make sure it all stays put. Occasionally small gems are used to add some texture and glitz to a design.

Her flower designs are incredibly intricate, something I couldn't dream to attempt myself. Whilst her abstract designs (3) are spot on trendy. She even does many themed special occasion nails (e.g. Halloween and Easter), so I look forward sharing those another time.

11 comments:

  1. you so wonderful! shall we follow?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love it! :)

    http://www.deluxefashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful nails!! Great blog, I follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow! Awesome :)

    effiesdress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. THESE NAILS AR NATURAL!? How can your sister do anything? Like open a can of coke, I snap mine just typing- aggressive typing clearly. Her designs are as amazing as her ability to grow epic nails. I love the tropical print ones and the art deco ones. Super pretty!

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly haven't the foggiest! I think she's just used to it I think, she does snap them occasionally, but they are really strong. Wouldn't be able to manage myself haha x

      Delete
  6. Just beautiful! But I must say the length must make it tricky to text and type and all that. The patterns are still gorgeous though, especially the florals :D

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mel,
    I'm taking the freedom of leaving you a comment because I'm currently working on a fashion-related dissertation for my MSc. I'm doing a survey about the perception of young women towards today's fashion luxury brands, and if you, or any of your lovely reader, could take 5 mins and complete it, it would be of much much help :)
    Here the link of my survey: https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2WNTNCY
    Thank you very much!

    Lou ♥
    Ps: The third nail art in this post is my favourite, you're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) Have happily completed your survey, it sounds very interesting. Not hugely familiar with luxury brands but I hope my perception helps! Best of luck x

      Delete

I read and cherish every comment, thank you so much! Please no follow for follows x