Wednesday, 8 January 2014

A bit of shine for winter day

Coat: H! by Henry Holland for Debenhams, Top: H&M, Skirt: H&M, Shoes: Topshop, Nail Varnish: Topshop in Nice 'n' neutral
 
I first saw these metallic flats on the Topshop website and just adored them, so to find them in the sale for £7 made my day. A metallic finish is a no brainer trend for the New year and they certainly bring a shine to a dreary January day in the UK. I've never been sure about pointed flats, but it adds an extra daintiness, along with a smidgen of a heel. Unfortunately, for the moment they rub as the material is really rigid, hopefully with a little breaking in they'll be perfect...or at least they'll look pretty, right?

 
I decided to wear these with an almost all black outfit, to really make them stand out and it also gives a slight space feel. With the fitted black skirt contrasted by the baggy baseball top to make it a bit more casual. However, my coat really domineers in this photo as I love the combination of dark green and black. Along with the boyish features it adds.

 
 
Finishing with a shameful selfie, I'm really pleased with how fast my hair is growing!


6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mel!

    cute cute shoes and selfie! Yay for Rapunzel hair! (Long hair is the best!)

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. metalic shoes are great! cheers and al the good vibes for this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the metallic shoes so much, I adore silver shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop it, those shoes are AMAZING. and on sale at topshop you say? excuse me while i go run there and copy your style haha ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing,and those shoes omg I just fell in love :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great and I'm totally loving them shoes! I wouldn't be able to pull them off as much as you do!x

    Jess xxx
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish every comment, thank you so much! Please no follow for follows x