Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Dig Deep

 
 
 
Top: New Look, Jeans: Topshop, Sandals: Miss Selfridge, Nails (fingers): Essie in Muchi Muchi, Nails (Toes): BarryM in Berry. 
 
A really simple and quick look to pop out for a walk with friends. Whilst I have lived in these jeans over the past month or so, I just can't get over how well they fit into my wardrobe. And these sandals are truly the most comfortable ones I've ever worn and they add a really nice girly burst of floral. Finally, I thought I'd continue the girly/casual feel with a pink caption tee, complete with 'velvet' lettering to add a bit of texture.
 
FOTD: Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Shameless (215), Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel eyeliner, L'Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster, L'Oreal Volume Million lashes Noir Excess.
 
I claim zero makeup expertise, but this is my favourite look at the moment. I've replaced my No.1 Topshop Lipstick Inhibiton with a new Revlon Matte Balm. The colour has more of a pink undertone and I love the 'twisting stick' application. But the formulation is definitely more matte/a little dry and I'm not convinced it stays as long as the Topshop one. For my eyeliner I've been using gel liner for a while now, however, creating a neat flick proves very difficult with a brush. Hence I've taken to using Blackbuster 'pen' liner for my flicks. I find the thickness of the pen too messy and shiny (?) to do a complete line, but the accuracy of the tip is great for little details.



7 comments:

  1. I love casual outfit posts because i never know what to wear esp during spring so it gives me good inspiration, thank you! your sandals look pretty cool. Your make up is gorgeous and your eyes are such a lovely blue! Thank you very much for passing by my blog Mel, i really appreciate it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps is your blog header illustration one you drew yourself ?:O

      Delete
    2. Thankyou and your welcome :) My sister drew it for me using a photo, shes awesome! x

      Delete
  2. Love the polish on your nails!! Also, the dipdye looks great! Lastly, your eyes are stunning!! So blue *-*

    http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this out, so cute and casual :D
    Also loving the dipdye Mel!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely entry,
    Keep up your lovely style
    i adore your Blog <3

    btw do you want to follow each other?!
    follow me and I will follow you back
    if you feel like.

    here is my Blog:
    http://www.amelyrose.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish every comment, thank you so much! Please no follow for follows x