Sunday, 10 August 2014

A capricious notion

 
Dress: Thrifted | Flats: Topshop | Bag: Thrifted | Necklace: Monki | Nail varnish: Barry M Hi-Shine gel nail paint in Rose Hip
 
Believe it or not, this was a very adventurous outfit for me! I find it really hard to find girly summer dresses that I like and equally as hard to pair them with the rest of my wardrobe. But a moment in a charity shop left me with a flash of inspiration. First, this small dark brown satchel caught my attention, I loved that it was worn in places to give it a vintage feel, even though I think its Primark originally. Then, this dress behind the counter just struck me as really simple and cute, though I didn't like the original buttons, it was a quick fix to change them. It a teeny bit too big, but I like that it has more length and room to fill out when I go for a big meal. AND the best part of all is that this whole outfit only cost £17.45 :) (Shoes £7 in Topshop's post Christmas sale, dress £5.50, bag £4.95 and the necklace was a gift).
 
I also opted for a light pink shimmery lipstick, which is way out of my comfort zone normally. However, when I swatched this in store it was simply too pretty to leave behind. Again I was dead pleased that it was reduced and I had a £1 off Rimmel products voucher, so I think I paid about £3 in the end. Eeeeeek!
 
I get way too excited about bargains...
 
 
 Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Fancy (210)
 
 

22 comments:

  1. Lovely dress, the collar is so nice and it really suits you!:) Abi myw0rldmyview.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, will have to start wearing more like it :) x

      Delete
  2. I love that dress, I have an obsession with cute collars :)

    http://vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this… beautiful!
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dress is super cute! i love a good peter pan collar.
    x staygoldrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit!

    Your Fashion Blogger
    http://shanel-dion.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good bargain ;) this outfit so gorgeous! that dress looks so pretty on you :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so cute! Successful bargain hunting I see, cute dress and nice find x

    v0gueandtrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look adorable, amazing post and pictures <3333

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a cute look! love the peter pan collar! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty look, that dress is gorgeous! (also, snap with the Primark satchel)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress and stylish shoes! You look perfect!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a bargain of a dress and it looks gorgeous on you! Glad I've found your blog now xx

    fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection dear!
    wish you a great week ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your satchel. It goes really well with the outfit & looks cute.Amazing post & would you like to follow each other on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme
    know & please keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely! I adore the dress
    I have a new look on my blog; come visit!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look so adorable! i adore the dress and your hair - perfect outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win some RayBans and a beauty goodie bag worth £300 on my blog! click here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. eu amei o seu look!
    ficou muito romântico!
    beijos,
    http://pontinhomv.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks amazing… great dress; love your dog!
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I lurve your dog! Look at that amazed face- I think he likes your outfit!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

I read and cherish every comment, thank you so much! Please no follow for follows x